Your future starts HERE
A career with Spirax-Sarco Engineering will allow you to play your part in helping our customers become more sustainable. We have a range of schemes to kickstart your career at a truly global organisation with a bespoke offer of engineered solutions.
Looking for a career where you can really make a difference?
Year In Industry Scheme
We know that our people are the key to our success and therefore we are constantly looking out for new and future talent. We are therefore proud to offer the Year In Industry Scheme.
Available roles include:
• Product Management/Marketing Department
• Research/Design Department
• Manufacturing/Production Department
• Technical Sales Department
• Computing/Software/IT/Cyber/Electronics Departments
• Engineeering Disciplines
• Engineering with business or Finance
• Computer Science/Cyber Security/IT
With a focus on developing you into a leader of the future in either the Commercial or Manufacturing areas of our business, you have the chance to work in any of our world-leading businesses (Spirax Sarco, Gestra, Chromalox, Thermocoax and Watson-Marlow ) on our Global Graduate Leadership Development Programme.
During the two year programme, you will rotate around three core areas of our business (Manufacturing, Commercial Sales and Business), giving you meaningful and challenging experiences that will give you a taste of what’s to come once you finish the programme. You will have the amazing opportunity to undertake a fully funded, 6 month international placement which will you give the chance to see another part of the world, immersing yourself in their culture, exploring another business area and collaborating with colleagues from across the globe.
Throughout the programme (and beyond!), you’ll be mentored and trained by experienced leaders and technical experts all whilst being supported by our dedicated Early Careers team.
Alongside your placements, you’ll have the chance to develop your teamwork and leadership skills through project work and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement and sustainability of our business.
We’re looking for highly motivated, potential future leaders who are passionate about people, delivering the best for our customers and who love to work collaboratively.
You’ll need a minimum 2:2 classification (or equivalent) in your degree in a subject within Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Business. You must also have the right to work in the country you’re applying to without visa sponsorship.
We offer two types of apprenticeships, allowing prospective employees to stay in education while advancing their skills and earning a wage all at the same time!
This will allow you to gain practical experience of producing parts and products, using a variety of methods and equipment. Placements take place across our Cheltenham manufacturing site covering areas from basic tool making, to welding, to multi-axis machining techniques, to inspection.
Advanced or Higher Technician
This apprenticeship includes theoretical and practical tasks covering all aspects of our business. Placements take place across the Cheltenham sites from machining to purchasing to product development then focused towards specific engineering role.
Main programme elements
• Full time study at Gloucestershire Engineering Training (GET)
• Practical training (NVQ)
• Theoretical study
• Various work placements in relevant areas across Spirax-Sarco; moving through the business typically on 3-month placements
• Workplace based assessments towards the NVQ in Engineering
• Continued day release at GET to conduct theoretical study
Year 3 onwards
• On-going work placements across the business
• Workplace based assessments for the NVQ in engineering
Additional Further Study
We are committed to the training and development of our employees. Spirax Sarco funds degree level learning, where business requirements and individual development needs to support this; with a number of employees sponsored on part-time degrees.
Minimum entry requirements
• 5 GCSEs at grade C (or 4) or above to include Maths, English and Science
• Interests outside of school which show a genuine interest in engineering
• A recent job or relevant work experience would be beneficial
What are the benefits?
• Competitive salary
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
• Health insurance
• Life assurance
• Subsidised restaurants
• Training and development