Find your future at SPIRAX-SARCO ENGINEERING PLC
A career with Spirax-Sarco Engineering will allow you to play your part in helping our customers become more sustainable. We have a range of schemes to kickstart your career at a truly global organisation with a bespoke offer of engineered solutions.
Year In Industry Scheme
We know that our people are the key to our success and therefore we are constantly looking out for new and future talent. We are therefore proud to offer the Year In Industry Scheme.
Available roles include:
• Product Management/Marketing Department
• Research/Design Department
• Manufacturing/Production Department
• Technical Sales Department
• Computing/Software/IT/Cyber/Electronics Departments
• Engineeering Disciplines
• Engineering with business or Finance
• Computer Science/Cyber Security/IT
On our Global Graduate Development Programme, you have the chance to work with our world-leading businesses: Spirax Sarco, Gestra, Watson-Marlow and Chromalox. You will undertake an international placement during the scheme, giving you the chance to live and work in another country. You will also be able to collaborate with your colleagues across your truly global cohort of graduates. Throughout the 2 years (and beyond!) you will be mentored and trained by both experienced leaders, technical experts and our graduate alumni who will support you to get the most from your time on the programme.
Alongside your placements, you’ll have the chance to develop your teamwork and leadership skills through project work and will have the opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement and sustainability of our business.
We’re looking for highly motivated, potential future-leaders who are passionate about customers and who love to work collaboratively on challenging projects.
You’ll need a minimum of a 2:2 degree (or equivalent) in a subject within Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths as well as the right to work in the country you’re applying for without visa sponsorship.
We offer two types of apprenticeships, allowing prospective employees to stay in education while advancing their skills and earning a wage all at the same time!
This will allow you to gain practical experience of producing parts and products, using a variety of methods and equipment. Placements take place across our Cheltenham manufacturing site covering areas from basic tool making, to welding, to multi-axis machining techniques, to inspection.
Advanced or Higher Technician
This apprenticeship includes theoretical and practical tasks covering all aspects of our business. Placements take place across the Cheltenham sites from machining to purchasing to product development then focused towards specific engineering role.
Main programme elements
• Full time study at Gloucestershire Engineering Training (GET)
• Practical training (NVQ)
• Theoretical study
• Various work placements in relevant areas across Spirax-Sarco; moving through the business typically on 3-month placements
• Workplace based assessments towards the NVQ in Engineering
• Continued day release at GET to conduct theoretical study
Year 3 onwards
• On-going work placements across the business
• Workplace based assessments for the NVQ in engineering
Additional Further Study
We are committed to the training and development of our employees. Spirax Sarco funds degree level learning, where business requirements and individual development needs to support this; with a number of employees sponsored on part-time degrees.
Minimum entry requirements
• 5 GCSEs at grade C (or 4) or above to include Maths, English and Science
• Interests outside of school which show a genuine interest in engineering
• A recent job or relevant work experience would be beneficial
What are the benefits?
• Competitive salary
• Bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
• Health insurance
• Life assurance
• Subsidised restaurants
• Training and development